Monday, September 07, 2009

Update

It's been kind of crappy around here the last couple of days. Yesterday (Sunday) Danny woke up with a fever of 100.7. We were concerned about an infection so we called the doctor's office. The doctor on call assured me that it most likely was not an infection in his joint. It usually takes at least a week for an infection to present itself in the actual joint. He explained that he might have some kind of virus or an infection in his lungs from the percocet, etc. However, Danny hadn't taken many of his percocet and he didn't feel the need to cough or anything like the doctor had explained. He did however feel sick to his stomach.

By yesterday afternoon, I had a small fever and felt sick to my stomach. Yippee. So we figured there was a possibility that we both had the same illness. But by last night, Danny's foot and ankle was a little more swollen and it looked quite red. I called the doctor once again (just to be safe) and the doctor reassured me that it was very unlikely to be an infection in his joint. He did say there was a possibility of a blood clot and he asked a lot of other questions. By the end of the conversation, the doctor had somewhat ruled out a blood clot and basically said to loosen the wrap a little so his leg could have good circulation. He said the wrap might be too tight and that's what was causing the redness and swelling. He also told us to continue Danny's leg exercises to ensure good circulation.

So in review, we have 1 disabled Danny along with 2 ill parents and 3 young children that we would like to have entertain themselves while we lay out on our bed for 2 days. This equation equals a not so fun holiday weekend in the Bradshaw house. BLAH!

At least there is one good way to look at it - I've lost 3 lbs in the last 4 days! Gotta stay postitive. :)

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! If I lived there I would take your kids for the day in a heartbeat! I really do hope you feel better soon.

The Francis Family said...

Mardie, so sorry to hear about your fun labor day weekend. I hope you are both feeling better today. We were exposed to the flu Sunday night. Amy and Justin came over with their kids and we did a campout in the backyard. At 2:30 AM the first kid threw up (in the tent). More family members followed. Our family hasn't thrown up yet but I'm afraid it's a matter of time.