Monday, November 16, 2009

Things To Remember - Ellie

One thing I never want to forget about Ellie is her "going to sleep" routine. Every time I lay her down to sleep, I have to give her the binkie and a corner of her blanket. She then proceeds to tickle her face (nose and eyes) with the corner of the blanket. It is so cute! And the other day, I went in to get her after a nap. She had the corner again, and when I held out my arms to pick her up she bent down for one last tickle on her nose. She does that every once in a while and I love it.

Another thing I don't want to ever forget is the way Ellie says "MOM!" Sometimes she yells it, sometimes she just says it quietly, and sometimes it's even annoying cause she says it over and over and over and over. But I still love it. It's not mommy, or mama, or ma... it's "mom" pronounced very accurately. :)

She has also begun to copy other words. This morning, for instance, she waved and said "bye" to Kaden when he was leaving for school.

Oh, and the way she nods or shakes her head whenever she is asked a question. This morning I asked her, "You want to get up and have some breakfast?" She replied with an emphatic nod of her head. I don't think she quite realizes the difference between a nod and shake, but I do think she understands that it is an answer. It's adorable!

She has almost figured out how to come back down the stairs by herself and is so proud when she does accomplish it. She started trying over the weekend to stand up by herself in the middle of the room. She will take 1 step but then get scared and fall down. She is so close to walking, which I am nervous about cause she already gets into everything. She is more grabby than either of our boys and will get into anything - especially the things we tell her not to. She hits the tv just to see a reaction from us and she will even turn the tv off, just to make us pick her up. She is such a joy in our lives and I love her so much!

2 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

"And that's what little girls are made of." What a little darling.

Terry said...

I love how excited she gets. Big smile, both hands and feet going, and just when you don't think anything else can move and still stay sitting her little head will start bobbing up and down. She also has a coy-sweet little smile that can melt any stone heart.