Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween 2009

This year our kids had the "Batman" theme for Halloween. Preston was Batman, Kaden was Joker, and Ellie was Batgirl. I have to say that I made Ellie's costume and was SO excited with how it turned out. Plus she even kept the mask on.

The boys, of course, had been looking forward to the festivities for a while. They were so anxious to get dressed up and go get candy. They loved wearing their costumes - they wore them almost all day long.

I've decided I have become a lot more lenient as a parent. I remember rationing Kaden's candy and letting him eat a couple pieces each day until it was gone. Now, having 3, I let them go for it as soon as we got in the door. They were allowed to eat as much candy they could until bedtime (which was only 15-20 minutes, but still.) I even gave Ellie some candy to eat. She LOVED it! And I really enjoyed watching them. I've learned to just enjoy the moment just a little more. :)

3 comments:

The Manwarings said...

What adorable pictures!! I love Ellie's little mask! Way to go, Myrtle!

Kayla said...

You made Ellie's costume?!? WOW! I wish I was that crafty! You guys looked good though Kaden looked a little scary!!! :)

VA Bradshaws said...

Cute costumes! I love Ellies. You are so creative...look at you with your new little business and making cute halloween costumes. Everyone is going to want to be just like Mardie.