Saturday, May 03, 2008

My Life As A Mom

Sometimes I feel like I don’t have enough time in a single day to do all that I want to accomplish. And then there are the days that I just don’t feel like doing all that I need to get done. I wonder if this roller coaster of feelings ever goes away… Somehow, I don’t think so – especially as a mother.

There are days I think I am doing an ok job in raising my kids and there are days when I feel like I have absolutely failed. There are moments when I feel so glad that I took the time to sit down and read with my children; and there are times when I go to bed wishing I would have slowed down enough to play a game with them.

But the one thing that I have always tried to instill in my two little boys is the one single fact that I love them! I tell them so every day. In fact, sometimes I can’t help but say it over and over to them as I give them each a hug and kiss. It’s amazing to me how much love I can feel for these sweet little people that have been sent to me from above.

I would be the first person to admit that I am not the best mother in the world. I lose my temper way too easily; I don’t spend enough one-on-one time with either of them; and I don’t give them enough credit for the many times they are super good. But every night I pray for them. And I pray to be a better mom for them. I thank my Heavenly Father for each of them. And I pray that they will ALWAYS know that I love them.

Such is my life as a mom. I look at their sweet little faces admiring themselves in the mirror with their new pair of sunglasses that I bought for them and I smile. I smile because not only are they so darn cute and kissable, but also because regardless of the roller coaster of good and bad motherhood decisions – at least they know that I truly do love them. Not because I bought them new sunglasses; but because I TRY to show them every day. And what it comes down to is that is all I want… for them to always know that I love them.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Your doing awesome Mardie! Sometimes I feel the same way. It can be such a bittersweet thing being a mom. Its so hard sometimes. My little ones try my patience ALL the time. I feel like I'm going to go crazy some days! But its all so worth it and like you said its so important that they know we love them!!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi Gutierrez said...

I don't think those feelings ever go away. I'm quickly finding out that as our kids get older, it seems the days get shorter... or at least it seems that we have less time to accomplish all that we need to or want to do with them. But like you said... if they know that we love them, everything else just sort of falls into place.

Jandy Lou said...

Hi Mardie. I loved your post today. I must need some inspiration because I am finding a lot today. What a great post. You just put it all into perspective for me. Thank you! I hope you and your cute family are well.

T said...

personally I think you are too hard on yourself. I believe you said it yourself... as long as they know you love them and are trying. You can go to bed everynight saying "they know I love them and I did my best today." That is all that is expected of us, no more. You do a great job, and your kids are lucky to have you. Happy Mother's Day!!