Saturday, May 24, 2008

Done With Kindergarten

Thursday was Kaden’s last day of kindergarten. Danny and I got to go to the program that his class put on. It was super cute! Each of the kids dressed up as “what they want to be when they grow up.” Kaden decided all by himself that he wanted to be a cowboy because he loves to ride horses. He even mentioned to his teacher his love of riding horses with Grandpa Bradshaw.

After they all showed off their aspirations for careers, they sang a few songs. Then their teacher, Mr. Kay, showed a video with pictures taken from this school year. He even had some video clips from “dads and doughnuts day” which included the kids and dads all dancing the chicken dance. That was super hilarious and if anyone wants to see Danny and Kaden dancing the chicken dance, I now have it on video. :)

But, alas, my little kindergartener is now considered a first-grader. Yes, I am excited for all-day school just so I don’t have to stop everything at 11:00 to pick him up from school; but it has also made me quite nostalgic the past few days. They grow up so fast that it seems extremely weird. Not only does it seem impossible for Kaden to be going to first grade next year, but I just don’t feel old enough to have a first-grader. :) I guess that’s probably the way everyone feels.


4 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

I know what you mean. I don't feel old enough to have a kindergartener now. Or to have Tanner in pre-school, WHAT?

Megan B ♥ said...

Kaden looks darling in those photos!

Melissa said...

He makes a pretty cute cowboy! Hard to believe he is already in 1st grade! Time just flies when you have kids...they grow up way too fast!!

Kayla said...

Yep, you are old. Ha, ha! J/K!