Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just Another Frustrating Day

Yesterday started out promising; but it definitely went downhill. After picking Kaden up from school, we went and got some lunch and then visited Danny at his office. After that, we had to go to the store. I didn’t feel like going to the store – I was extremely tired and a headache was starting to form, but we really needed groceries.

Anyway, without going into a big long story of how the lady at the checkout was terribly slow, confused, and enormously frustrating, by the time I got out of Wal-Mart (I was just in the line for over 45 minutes) I was about to scream! Then, by the time I got home, my head was pounding!

Preston had fallen asleep in the car so I carefully put him on the couch to finish his nap, then I unenthusiastically went about bringing the groceries into the house and putting them away.

The reason I decided to write about this particular day in my blog/journal is because of Kaden. He noticed that I wasn’t feeling well. He immediately went to work trying to assist me in putting away the groceries. And every time I closed my eyes for a second to get my bearings, he would come give me a hug and pat my back so sweetly. He then ever so quietly turned on the Xbox (sometimes sadly used as our babysitter) and told me he would play his game while I took a nap.

I know I’ve said it many times before, but the reason we have children is because most of the time we end up needing them far more than they need us. I truly needed Kaden’s sympathy yesterday – yep, even moms need some TLC every once in a while. Thank you, again, Kaden!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry you had a rough day, but I'm glad you got some TLC from sweet Kaden to make it a little better! What a SWEET boy!!!

Kayla said...

Why can't everyday just be wonderful?? It would be so much easier to be a mom then. :)

I love that boy of yours - so thoughtful and considerate.