Saturday, May 24, 2008

First-Time Gardener

Well, I did it! I planted my first garden. Let me reiterate that this is my first time gardening and I definitely do not have a green thumb. But, nonetheless, I finally have seeds in the ground.

The pictures aren’t much to look at; after all, it just looks like dirt. But I will be taking pictures throughout the summer to verify the progress (or non-progress) of my vegetables. I have planted tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, green beans, and watermelon (yes, I am trying watermelon – we will see how it turns out). This year I figure is kind of a test-run. I will hopefully be able to increase my knowledge and gardening abilities in the coming years.

Oh, and by the way, as you can see from the pictures I have not yet killed the flowers that I planted in the pots! Yes – I know it is extremely amazing that they are not all wilted and dead. But they are alive and well so far. Here’s to hoping!

4 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Good luck!! The flowers look awesome. Next year I plan to get them all in one big pot myself too, instead of spread out in smaller pots. I hope we get around to planting our tomatoes this week. You're brave to start from seeds!!

Melissa said...

Way to go! Good luck with the watermelon! Your flowers are beautiful!

Kayla said...

The flowers are beautiful. I hope your garden turns out. If it does, I'm coming up so you can feed me some of it. :)

Kayla said...

Oh where, oh where, did our Mardie go???