Wednesday, December 01, 2010

From Thanksgiving To Christmas!

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving! Danny's family came and stayed. We had everyone together except Matt and Kim who are in Virginia (we miss you guys). We loved visiting with everyone and (I must say) had a really great Thanksgiving meal (turkey, ham, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, pretzel salad, spinach salad, rolls, honey butter, etc, etc. - I could keep going). It was awesome to see everyone. And we know what it took for them all to make it here. Between the many storms, it was amazing that they were here.

Anyway, Danny's mom gave each of us girls a project to complete. It is such a cute advent calendar (of sorts). I really wanted to finish it by today so that my kids could join in the fun of counting down to Christmas. Here is the final product:


Isn't it awesome. I just have to say that Ann thought of absolutely everything and I really appreciate the time she put in to this craft. The picture doesn't do it justice. It looks even better in person. And, if you can't tell, each of the little people, animals, buildings, etc hang on buttons. So from now until Christmas, the kids will get to hang up one picture each day.

Now all I have to do is get to the store and buy a hook for it to hang on. I was going to do that today, but from my earlier post, you might gather that it's just a little too snowy out for that kind of outing. Maybe tomorrow...

(Thanks again Ann!!! You're the best!!!)

6 comments:

The Francis Family said...

Oh I want one! Very cute. Liked the snow post too. Crazy!

Kayla said...

Just got mine done literally 15 minutes ago. It really is super cute! I'm so excited to do it! (I mean my kids to do it.) :)

Terry said...

Glad you like it! It was something that I enjoyed getting started and glad that you girls got it finished. Buttons and all ;).
Love you.

Megan B ♥ said...

You guys are SO FAST. I am still working on mine! 17 buttons down though!!!! I hope to have it finished by tomorrow and they kids will be able to put on SIX ornaments :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute project! I love it!! We miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

p.s. Last comment was Melissa...didn't realize I was signed into Eric's account :)