Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"I'm Starving"

This morning, at approximately 1:30 AM, Danny and I were awakened to Preston rushing down the stairs frantically. Of course, the first thing that I thought was that someone had an "accident" and we were gonna have a mess to clean up.

Danny beat me out of bed. I was in the process of climbing out of bed when I heard what Preston was so worked up about. This is what I heard:

(sounding panic-stricken) "I need food. I'm so hungry. I'm starving. I need to eat."

Apparently the 7 bites of chicken and pasta that I practically had to force him to eat last night was not quite enough to hold him out until morning. Either that or he was still asleep through this whole exchange. I have a tendency to think it's the latter. :)

Danny patiently told him that it was almost breakfast time so he could go back to sleep and he would eat when it was morning. He laid back down, went back to sleep, and this morning he had a toaster strudel and string cheese for breakfast. (Don't ask me - that was his choice for breakfast.)

3 comments:

Kayla said...

ha, ha, ha! I can totally see Preston doing this.

The Francis Family said...

This made me laugh out loud. Preston is too funny about food...well I can relate to this w/my kids. Loved the posts w/Ellie's hair, baby doll and cell phone. I can't believe she played with that for an hour. You are blessed.

Terry said...

I can so hear Preston. And I could see him falling asleep before the frig door was cracked. He is so blessed to have patient parents.