Friday, December 04, 2009

Happy Holidays!

It's been a very crazy couple of weeks in our house. After the last post, Preston and I did indeed get sick. It has been the worst cold! It started with a fever, went to an upset stomach, continued with a terrible sinus cold, and concluded by settling into my chest and throat and therefore giving me a cough for the last week. It's never fun to be sick, but to endure two full weeks of it is torture. But, alas, I am on the mend. (Preston didn't get it nearly as severely as I did.)

Thanksgiving was wonderful. We were able to spend it with my WHOLE family. It was 30 people under one roof and it was a blast. We tried to pack everything we could into the weekend. We had crafts, paintball, a guitar hero competition, a poker tournament, and, of course, black friday shopping - although, I must say the black friday experience this year was definitely less enjoyable than usual. People seemed overly annoying - maybe it was my lack of sleep plus my cold symptoms that made me a little more irritable. :)

Now I am getting ready for Christmas and feeling very blessed. Between a wonderful Thanksgiving and some recent discussions in our home with our children, I feel a strong sense of gratitude for my life. And what a great opportunity Christmastime gives us to feel that joy and gratitude.

Happy belated Thanksgiving and a very merry Christmas to everyone! I hope you feel the spirit of Christmas this year as much as I have felt it in the last week. Love to all!

1 comments:

Terry said...

Happy Holidays!! Happy, Happy Holidays! We are so glad to hear that you are all doing better. We pray that the trend will continue.
We also are so very grateful for this wonderful time of the year, to give thanks for our many, many blessings and be especially mindful of our Saviour and what his life means to each one of us.
Hope you all have a very enjoyable Christmas and that we all remember the reason for the seaon.
Love, Mom and Dad B