Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter


We hope everyone had a lovely Easter Sunday! I thoroughly enjoyed our day. I did something new this year and we made Easter cookies on Saturday night. It was this great idea that I found online - http://www.dvo.com/recipes_archive/easter_cookie_story.html

It turned out great. The cookies weren't the best tasting (especially since I used walnuts cause I didn't have pecans). But I think our kids - especially Kaden - actually understood the meaning of Easter. We tried really hard to make Easter centered around Christ this year. It made the whole day extremely enjoyable for me.

After church we tried to take pictures of the kids. Man, it's hard to get a good picture with three kids to work with! The one above is the best one we got.  You have to know, though, that it was the best out of 31 shots!  Here's the other 30 if anyone is interested...  :)



We also took a couple pictures of just Ellie in her Easter dress.  And of course we did an Easter egg hunt.  Then we got to see some friends and family as well and had to take pictures of Ellie with her cousin Karlee...



All in all, it was a great day.  I hope you had a great day too!

4 comments:

VA Bradshaws said...

cute pictures! i think the ones of your kids turned out really cute.

Kayla said...

I love the pictures too! And Ellie's dress was super cute! Don't you just love little girl's clothes!?! :)

The Manwarings said...

Oh, I love the pictures of all three kids. I love it when they aren't all posing perfectly, you can see their personalities so much better. They're just adorable!

Melissa said...

oh so cute!! The first picture of the 3 kids is just adorable!! Ellie is getting so big...what a doll!