Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oooops, I forgot one more important piece of info!

So I forgot one last thing on my list of updates yesterday...

Danny handed over the finances to me! Anyone at all who knows Danny and our relationship when it comes to anything monetarily related should understand how significant this is! I must admit that I'm pretty nervous. With Danny watching over my shoulder until I "prove" myself to him; it's a little intimidating! But now we both get the "allowance" treatment. I get my weekly allowance and he gets his; the rest goes to household expenses and savings.

Now I know what all of you are doing right now. (Especially you Megan.) :) Just pick your jaw up off the floor and think of how frustrating it would be to have your spouse (Justin) not only look over the groceries you bought to make sure they were necessities, but also look over your shoulder as you try to pay every single bill. Danny has already warned me that for the next few months he will ask me to make sure every single bill has been paid.

For anyone who may not know Danny as well as the rest... Let me just say that this is a HUGE step in our marriage. He doesn't necessarily think that I am unable to handle a household budget (I hope!) but he has kept a tight leash on the budget for 10 years now. And when I say tight leash, I mean tight.

I gotta love him though! :)

6 comments:

Kayla said...

Ummm. . .WOW. . .how in the world did that happen? I never thought I'd see the day that Danny would hand over the finances. You're right - my jaw did drop!

Megan B ♥ said...

Gasping here!!

VA Bradshaws said...

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like on a specific budget. . then I ignore the thought. Can't live my life that way. I will admit to see a fellow brother give up the reigns is commendable. I wish you the best with all your new found power.

VA Bradshaws said...

wow mardie! congrats! that is huge. good luck!

Melissa said...

ha ha! This post made me laugh!! Congrats on your new financial freedom! :)

Brooke S said...

Mardie!

Try bill pay with the bank. You just deposit money and bills pay themselves!