Monday, March 30, 2009

Feeling the Holy Ghost

Kaden's sunday school teacher stopped me after church yesterday and this is what she told me...

They were having a lesson on the Holy Ghost and what the Holy Ghost feels like.  She decided to do a little exercise with the children and had them all close their eyes.  After about 15-20 "uncomfortable" seconds she told them all to open their eyes and tell her what they felt.  Kaden spoke up and said that she just hadn't given them enough time to feel anything.  She, therefore, told them all to close their eyes again and to open them only when they felt like they should.  After about 3 minutes Sister Berg (the teacher) was still waiting for Kaden to open his eyes.  He was just sitting there with his eyes closed with a serious expression on his face.  Then after a while he got a huge smile on his face and then opened his eyes and said, "I felt it!" 

Then, later that day while he was changing out of his dress clothes, he told me that he had felt the spirit.  "When did you feel the spirit," I asked.  
"Just barely," he said.  "Right after I prayed, downstairs."
"What did you pray for?"
"I prayed that I wouldn't be scared when we move.  Then I felt the Holy Ghost."
"What did the Holy Ghost make you feel?"
"Really good inside."

I just absolutely LOVE these moments.  They seem to be coming more frequently with Kaden lately.  He is such a blessing in our home and in my life.  I am so grateful for his sweet spirit!

4 comments:

VA Bradshaws said...

ahh, that is so sweet. he is such a good kid!

Megan B ♥ said...

Awwwwww....

VA Bradshaws said...

I dare say Kaden is destined for greatness. I think that is one of those moments you and I seek for daily, so it must be a good feeling when your seven year old feels it. I am proud of him and I am just an uncle.

Penny said...

That is so sweet, he is a blessing to all of us. I'm so glad you are keeping up with your blog so we get to enjoy these experiences with you. Give your kids a hug from grandma.