Sunday, November 14, 2010

Reflections

Ok, so we all know that it's fairly unlikely that I will get caught up on the blog. I mean, I am 4 months behind on this thing. So I decided to just start anew.

Kaden has the opportunity to participate in Reflections. For those who don't know what this is... it challenges students to create art inspired by a specific theme. Each student can submit something in one of six arts areas - dance choreography, film production, literature, musical composition, photography, and visual arts. They are judged, receive prizes, and (if they continue winning) move up the levels, eventually to the national level.

Anyway, Kaden decided he wanted to participate in the photography category for this contest. He was very excited about it and wanted to use my "nice" camera. So yesterday (Saturday) Danny showed him the basics of taking pictures and we walked around the yard with him as he took some really nice nature photos. The theme this year is "Together We Can". And the title of his finished project is "Together We Can Discover Nature". I am super proud of him! He did an amazing job with his pictures.

And HERE they are.

For those who don't go through the slideshow of pictures, this is the final product...

5 comments:

Terry said...

Wow!!!! Way to go Kaden! You did a wonderful job. Maybe if I had a few lessons from Kaden my pictures would turn out better. (Thank goodness for photo-shop computer programs.) Thanks for sharing your great project. We are looking forward to seeing you again at Thanksgiving.

Love Grandma B.

Megan B ♥ said...

Beautiful project!! Good job, Kaden!

Kayla said...

Those are really really good. I love that you took pictures of him taking pictures too. Give Kaden a super high five from us!

VA Bradshaws said...

And we found a talent - Pretty amazing in my opinion.

The Francis Family said...

What kid turns in a project like that! I love the pic where he spelled out his name. What person has a blog page as cute as yours? Artistic talent runs in the fam. Good to see you blogging.