Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Little Red Riding Hood

Today Kaden was in the musical play "Little Red Riding Hood". Last Friday his teacher sent home the script and told each of the students to pick a part that they wanted to play. They were to practice the lines for that character and the 2 or 3 students that had practiced the most and knew the part best got to play that character. Of course Kaden, along with 10 other boys in the class, wanted to be the wolf. So he practiced and practiced. He read the lines over and over again. When he thought he had the lines down, he had me read lines with him. I swear, he was like a real actor trying out for a part. :)

Yesterday, Mrs. Snyder held the "tryouts" and lo and behold, Kaden was granted one of the 3 spots available to play the part of the wolf. He was so excited! Last night he continued to practice and again he had me run through the lines with him. This morning, he kept reminding me that I should be there at 10:00 to watch the play.

I was so proud of my little wolf. He was the loudest and most exuberant wolf up there. He made sure to yell his lines out so that he could be heard. The teacher's husband recorded the whole thing and will be giving each of the parents a copy. I'm really excited to watch it again.

Afterward, Mrs. Snyder told me that Kaden was so cute when they were practicing yesterday. He asked her if she could just be quiet so that the wolves could sing their song by themselves. That's my little Kaden. Wants to prove to everyone that he can do it by himself. :)

Here are some pictures from the play:


But my FAVORITE picture is:


4 comments:

VA Bradshaws said...

Way to go Kaden!!! Love the pictures. That last one is hilarious!

The Manwarings said...

Oh, too cute and what a handsome wolf!

Melissa said...

What a cute little wolf! How fun for him to be in the play!

Kayla said...

Ha, ha, ha! I love the sunglasses too!