Saturday, February 27, 2010

Stressful and Busy Life

Sometimes life gets frustratingly stressful to the point that you can feel every muscle in your body tense up and give you more aches and pains than you care to admit. I'm not saying that it has been so traumatic that I just want to sit down and cry (although tears are sometimes near the surface) :). It's just that I can definitely feel the muscles in my body protesting against the tension I have been feeling.

You all know that we have applied to graduate school and we are STILL anxiously waiting for the results for that little adventure. A couple of weeks ago Danny applied for a telecommuting job that would certainly be PERFECT for the "going to school full-time with an entire family to provide for" syndrome. It has been an extremely stressful couple of weeks since we can't remember a time when we applied for a job that we wanted as badly as this one.

It was an extremely arduous application and testing process. With resume round, 2 phone interviews including the "technical" interview, taking several complex technical tests on the computer, flying out to Alabama for personal interviews (4 to be exact), and security background checks... Let's just say that every step of the process consisted of us waiting somewhat impatiently. I am usually one who can just let go of the stress of the moment 'cause I know it won't help. I just couldn't find a way to do that this time.

Now let me just step back a moment and say that when Danny and I first decided to go back to school, I was willing (if it was the right thing to do) to go back to work to support our family as Danny worked on his education. It was a difficult decision, but I was willing to do it. However, as I earnestly prayed about becoming a working mother again, I was told in no uncertain terms by the spirit that I should continue as a stay-at-home mom. It was a very powerful answer to my prayers. Back to the job... Because I had had this experience, money has been a big concern of mine for when/if we go to school. (p.s. I still feel strongly that we will be accepted).

After Danny returned from Alabama, it was time for us to wait once again. After two days of waiting, we were offered the position. We are very excited about the prospects of what this job can bring and we feel so blessed.

Once again, Heavenly Father has shown me (personally and in a very real way) that He will bless us if we just leave it up to Him. I'm trying more than ever to just put our lives in His hands.

4 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Congratulations on this wonderful and unexpected turn of events! Waiting is the WORST! I'll be so relieved when you hear from school and can continue moving forward with this next new and exciting phase. And P.S. I'm glad it's a telecommuting job. When I heard he interviewed in Alabama, I wondered how close you might live to my parents. HA HA HA HA HA!

Kayla said...

I'm sorry you've been stressed! I hate stress, and hate that it doesn't just go away. I'm glad Danny got the position though. That's so nice! Now if the school would just hurry up! We love you guys! It's hard for me to hear you guys talking of leaving since I want you guys to stay close for selfish reasons. I wish I got to see you all more often as it is!

Melissa said...

Sorry things have been so stressful but I'm glad things are working out for you guys! That is so great Danny got the job!! :)

The Francis Family said...

Yay, he got the job!! That mapping "stuff" Danny does for the city really helped him in the end. I'm so happy for you guys. The stress is so bad, but then worth it when you get what you want. What a great blessing for some great people.